Monday, March 06, 2006

Naked, Random And Obedient

This is a sentiment currently being expressed magnetically, on the front of my refrigerator. Don't ask what it means. You already know.
It means what it says. This is what I love about my new toy - one of those magnetic word jumbles.

I don't care if you think it's lame. You just don't get it. I am now obsessed with this process, and rightly so. I have gone so far as to practically require my family to provide new sentences for us to ponder every day on the fridge. I have become the word jumble Nazi. Hey - you want to live here, you gotta pitch in and do your share of the household chores, and this is one of them. Here are a few pearls that have graced the brushed stainless over the past few days:

Some of my furniture is conscious.

I know that chicken has been spying on me.

I love sleeping beneath your voice.

Naked, random and obedient.

My bosoms will make you understand.

Never dance with the brain puppet.

Yes, that tremendous black spider speaks perfectly.

Does he ask you how you bleed?

The curse of inspiration is almost understanding.

Fear is a cliche.

They use visible light to see truth.




Truer words were never spoken. And I can sit and trip out on any one of these for minutes at a time. So I do. Especially when I should be doing something else. The question is - what do we do with this stuff? We should write songs or create short stories around them. We can't just take them down and consign them to oblivion. They need to be logged and recorded for future generations. The answers to the mysteries of the universe are being systematically unlocked by these profound snippets of language.

By refrigerator magnets. How ironic. (Pun intended).



I know I'm out of control. Humor me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

The Surrealists knew whereof they spoke.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

"Some of my furniture is conscious."

Man, it's like a song lyric when you're 14. Like SOMEONE out there somewhere knows how you feel. Holy shit, I ain't alone.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home