Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm So Inspired By These Posters


Aren't you? I mean don't you feel enlightened, energized, focused and motivated every time you walk by one of these drippy propagandist rags? Especially if it's mounted directly behind your boss's desk where it burns itself into your retinas while he is ripping you a new ass hole for losing a sale or missing a meeting.

And they're so much more esthetically pleasing than the old kind, like from the 1940's that looked more like this:


Of course, the message is still the same. Work your ass off and everything will be great. Don't work your ass off, and [insert demon here*] will overpower you and take control.

*Short list of possible demons: Commies, Homosexuals, Islamic Extremists, Democrats, Atheists, Hippies, Illegal Immigrants, Abortionists, People Who Don't Play Golf Or Smoke Cigars

So you have to give these guys some serious credit for coming up with a whole line of new "Demotivator" posters like this one:


Now we're talking inspiration, baby. Wisdom for the ages.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I do so love their product.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

I had a hated boss once in California who was all into th' horrible corporate motivational shit. I'd decided to quit one day when he gave me a horrible inspirational speech. I told him it was giving me a warm feeling and then I said it was actually because I was pissing my pants in horror.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

BTW the one I relate to most is the one that shows a sinking ship and suggests that the sole purpose of some of us it to stand as examples of what not to do. That speaks to me.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home