Wednesday, June 21, 2006

After a Two Year Court Battle, The Judge Has Ruled In My Favor


I was accused of failing to fulfill a contract (which I had most certainly fulfilled, to the letter) and was being sued for $60,000. I was also accused of certain slanderous things that were not even remotely true. I counter-sued for my legal expenses.

After two years of legal bullshit, we were finally placed in front of a judge. The judge read the complaints and the counter-arguments and in the span of five minutes, stated that the suit was without merit. Told us to each to go home and deal with our own legal expenses.

So I won.


Sort of.

Legal expenses came to about $5000. Plus several full days lost from work to attend court hearings and legal conferences. Plus countless hours spent putting together reams of documentation to prove myself innocent in the face of completely fabricated and baseless charges. Plus two years of anxiety and stress that my family had to endure.

That was fun.

Like chewing glass.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Rhoda.

7:17 AM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

Bittersweet victory ... I've been there. The judge should have awarded you the legal charges, but at least the other person in the suit didn't get the satisfaction of getting any of your money...

8:14 AM  
Blogger Soundsurfr said...

Yeah, and it cost them some serious cash, too.

'Course, the lawyers get paid no matter what.

Nice racket.

8:39 AM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Bangalore smokes pole!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Bangalore here. I'll see you in court.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home